Last night, the National Safety Council hosted its National Awards Celebration in Philadelphia recognizing the best safety has to offer. This event – honoring the safety accomplishments of NSC members – is held in conjunction with the NSC Congress & Expo, the largest annual gathering of safety and health professionals.
Those recognized include:
- 2011 Distinguished Service to Safety Award Honorees – recognizing exemplary lifetime efforts in improving safety and health by an individual
- 2011 Rising Stars of Safety – recognizing tomorrow’s leaders, under the age of 40, for their commitment to safety, influence on safety culture and creation of safety initiatives producing measureable outcomes
- Occupational Award Winners – recognizing collective safety achievements and implementation of effective safety policies and procedures
- Corporate Culture of Safety Award Winners – recognizing organizations that have been the recipient of more than 50 awards with the NSC awards program
- Safe Driver of the Year Award Winners – recognizing professional drivers nominated for their total driving record, including miles and years driven without a preventable crash
- 2011 Joseph M. Kaplan Safe Driver of the Year winner: Johnny McDaniel of the Sygma Network of Kansas City, Inc. – recognized for 36 years and 10,500,000 miles without a preventable crash
- Honor Chapter Award recipients: National Safety Council, Nebraska and the Safety & Health Council of Northern New England – recognizing outstanding Chapter contributions to making the Council's statement of leadership, mission and vision a reality
Both Janet Froetscher, president and CEO of the National Safety Council and Kent McElhattan, chairman of the Board for the Council were in attendance and recognized the honorees as they came on stage. The National Safety Council applauds all of these outstanding achievements that are helping to save lives and prevent injuries.
Learn more about National Safety Council awards programs.