Last night, the National Safety Council hosted its
National Awards Celebration in Chicago recognizing
the best safety has to offer. This event – honoring the safety accomplishments
of NSC members – is held in conjunction with the NSC Congress & Expo, the
largest annual gathering of safety and health professionals.
Those recognized include:
- 2013 Distinguished Service to Safety Award Honorees –
recognizing exemplary lifetime efforts in improving safety and health by
- The Honor Chapter Award recognizes a Chapter's
outstanding contributions to making the NSC statement of leadership,
mission and vision a reality. This year, the award went to the Chesapeake Region Safety Council, Safety and Health Council of
Northern New England and South
Carolina Chapter, National Safety Council.
- The 2013 President’s Chapter Award is the most prestigious award a Chapter can
receive from the National Safety Council. The President’s Chapter Award was presented for the first time to the Iowa-Illinois Safety Council.
- 2013 Rising Stars of Safety – recognizing tomorrow’s leaders, under the
age of 40, for their commitment to safety, influence on safety culture and
creation of safety initiatives producing measureable outcomes
- Occupational Award Winners – recognizing collective safety achievements
and implementation of effective safety policies and procedures
- Joseph M. Kaplan Safe Driver of the Year Award Winners – recognizing professional drivers nominated
for their total driving record, including miles and years driven without a
Janet Froetscher, president and CEO of the National
Safety Council and Jeff Woodbury, incoming
board chair were all in attendance and recognized the honorees as they came on
stage. The National Safety Council applauds all of these outstanding
achievements that are helping to save lives and prevent injuries. Participation
in the NSC awards program is a great way to propel your organization forward on
the Journey to Safety Excellence.