The National Safety Council awarded 6 companies/individuals with Safety Leadership Awards and 2 companies with Superior Safety Performance Awards in August. Safety Leadership recipients have achieved five consecutive years and Superior Safety Performance recipients have achieved 10 consecutive years without an occupational injury or illness resulting in lost employee work days or death.
In 2010, work injuries cost the nation nearly $177 billion. There were an estimated 3,783 unintentional work deaths. Companies that motivate and inspire safe behavior are able to reduce workplace injuries and deaths and improve their bottom lines. When employees are encouraged and recognized for safe behavior, companies can build strong corporate safety cultures.
Safety Leadership Awards and Superior Safety Performance Awards are part of the Council’s Safety Motivation and Recognition Award Program. Congratulations to the following companies:
- Carlisle Coatings and Waterproofing, Carlisle Construction Materials, Carlisle, PA
- DuPont, Memphis Plant, Memphis, TN
- Foremost Farms USA, Clayton, WI
- Foremost Farms USA, Marshfield, WI
- Foremost Farms USA, Reedsburg, WI
- Schneider Electric USA, Inc., Surge Protection Business, Salt Lake City, UT
- Domtar, Rock Hill Converting Center, Rock Hill, SC
- Newport Aquarium, Herschend Family Entertainment, Newport, KY