Itasca, IL – The National Safety Council awarded 6 companies/individuals with Safety Leadership Awards in July. Safety Leadership recipients have achieved five consecutive years without an occupational injury or illness resulting in lost employee work days or death.
In 2010, work injuries cost the nation nearly $177 billion. There were an estimated 3,783 unintentional work deaths. Companies that motivate and inspire safe behavior are able to reduce workplace injuries and deaths and improve their bottom lines. When employees are encouraged and recognized for safe behavior, companies can build strong corporate safety cultures.
Safety Leadership Awards are part of the Council’s Safety Motivation and Recognition Award Program. Congratulations to the following companies:
- Evonik Goldschmidt Corporation, Hopewell Site, Hopewell, VA
- Evonik Stockhausen LLC, Garyville Site, Garyville, LA
- Firmenich, Inc., Port Newark, Port Newark, NJ
- Herzog Railroad Services Inc., Falls City Railcar Facility, Falls City, NE
- Schneider Electric, Richmond Plant, Richmond, BC
- United Excel/SMMC Construction, Merriam, KS
About the National Safety Council
Founded in 1913 and chartered by Congress, the National Safety Council (nsc.org) is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to save lives by preventing injuries and deaths at work, in homes and communities, and on the road through leadership, research, education and advocacy. NSC advances this mission by partnering with businesses, government agencies, elected officials and the public in areas where we can make the most impact – distracted driving, teen driving, workplace safety and safety beyond the workplace.