Itasca, IL – The National Safety Council awarded 7 companies Safety Leadership Awards in June. Safety Leadership recipients have achieved five consecutive years without an occupational injury or illness resulting in lost employee work days or death.
In 2008, work injuries cost the nation $183 billion. There were an estimated 4,303 unintentional work deaths. Companies that motivate and inspire safe behavior are able to reduce workplace injuries and deaths and improve their bottom lines. When employees are encouraged and recognized for safe behavior, companies can build strong corporate safety cultures.
Safety Leadership Awards and Superior Safety Performance Awards are part of the Council’s Safety Motivation and Recognition Award Program. Congratulations to the following companies:
- CDM Constructors Inc, NY/NJ/PA, Syracuse, NY
- G4S Technology LLC, Mountain Region, Centennial, CO
- G4S Technology LLC, Northeast Region (CTS Project), Middletown, CT
- G4S Technology LLC, Southeast Region, Lawrenceville, GA
- Saudi Aramco, Yanbu Refinery, Dhahran, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- U S Development Group, One US Development Way, Pasadena, TX
- Valspar Corp, Miller Park Distribution Warehouse, Garland, TX
The National Safety Council (www.nsc.org) saves lives by preventing injuries and deaths at work, in homes and communities, and on the roads through leadership, research, education and advocacy.