Itasca, IL – The National Safety
, a global leader in driver safety training for almost 50 years, has
launched the NSC Defensive Driving Course
– Left Side of the Road for the Caribbean nations. This course is designed
specifically for motorists who drive in countries with road systems that pass
oncoming traffic on the left side.
“Driving safety is a major global issue,” said Roger Marks, President,
International Safety Council (a division of the National Safety Council).
“Recognizing that about 30% of the world drives on the left side of the road,
the Council felt the need to create this program to better keep people safe in
more places around the globe.”
The Council operates in over 100 countries and has certified
DDC training centers in 28 countries around the world. DDC-LSR is modeled after the same defensive driving principles that
shape the world-renowned NSC DDC 8/6 Hour
(9th Edition) program. Participants of the course will learn:
- Practical knowledge and techniques to avoid collisions and violations
- Sensible advice for choosing safe and responsible driving behaviors and habits
- The importance of occupant safety devices and how to use them correctly
- Guidance for dealing with difficult driving conditions, distractions and fatigue
- Skills to recognize how attitude can help prevent accidents and improve decision making
Learn more about the DDC-LSR program
, or how to become a certified training center in your area.
About the National Safety Council
Founded in 1913 and
chartered by Congress, the National Safety Council, nsc.org, is a nonprofit organization whose mission
is to save lives by preventing injuries and deaths at work, in homes and
communities, and on the road through leadership, research, education and
advocacy. NSC advances this mission by partnering with businesses, government
agencies, elected officials and the public in areas where we can make the most
impact – distracted driving, teen driving, workplace safety, prescription drug overdoses
and Safe Communities.