New Orleans, LA - The National Safety Council announced today the election of five new members of the council's Board of Directors. The elections occurred at the Annual Meeting of NSC, being held in conjunction with the 92nd Annual NSC Congress & Expo.
The Board of Directors is the council's principal governance body and provides oversight over fiduciary and strategic affairs. NSC also has a Board of Delegates, which provides direction to the council on safety and health policy issues, and a Board of Trustees, which oversees NSC's development and fundraising.New members of the Board of Directors are:
- Andy Garcia-Rivera, Director - Environment Health & Safety, Cornell University. Garcia-Rivera also serves on the council's Board of Delegates and as Vice President of the Campus, Safety, Health and Environmental Management Association, a division of NSC in which volunteers from the campus safety and health community.
- Greg Hale, Chief Safety Officer and Vice President, Safety Accessibility & Advanced Technology, Walt Disney World Co. Hale also serves on the council's Board of Delegates and as Vice President of the council's Community Safety Division, which represents volunteers involved in community safety.
- Tim McClain, Director - Purchasing Dept., International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace & Agricultural Implement Workers of America. McClain also serves on the council's Board of Delegates and as Vice President of the council's Labor Division, which represents volunteers from organized labor.
- Gerard Waters, National Vice President, Utility Workers Union of America, AFL-CIO.
- Daniel Zarletti, Vice President, Chief Risk Officer, Kenny Construction. Zarletti will also serve as Finance Chairman of the Board.
The National Safety Council (www.nsc.org) saves lives by preventing injuries and deaths at work, in homes and communities, and on the roads, through leadership, research, education and advocacy.