Itasca, IL – The National Safety Council awarded 12 companies Safety Leadership Awards and 1 company the Superior Safety Performance Award in November. Safety Leadership recipients have achieved five consecutive years and Superior Safety Performance recipients have achieved 10 consecutive years without an occupational injury or illness resulting in lost employee work days or death.
In 2008, work injuries cost the nation $183 billion. There were an estimated 4,303 unintentional work deaths. Companies that motivate and inspire safe behavior are able to reduce workplace injuries and deaths and improve their bottom lines. When employees are encouraged and recognized for safe behavior, companies can build strong corporate safety cultures.
Safety Leadership Awards and Superior Safety Performance Awards are part of the Council’s Safety Motivation and Recognition Award Program. Congratulations to the following companies:
Safety Leadership Award
- CDM, Brightwater WTTP Construction Management, King County, WA
- Parsons - TSSC III, Atlanta Southern Region, Atlanta, GA
- Parsons TSSC-III, Southwest Region, Fort Worth, TX
- Parsons TSSC-III, Central Region, Kansas City, MO
- Parsons TSSC-III, Mike Monroney Aeronautical Center, Oklahoma City, OK
- Parsons TSSC - III, National Technical Work Releases, Washington, DC
- PARSONS TSSC-III, New England Region, Burlington, MA
- PARSONS TSSC-III, Eastern Region, Jamaica, NY
- Premix, Inc., Molding Compound Division, North Kingsville, OH
- EnergySolutions, LLC, Los Alamos National Laboratory, Los Alamos, NM
- EnergySolutions, LLC, Idaho, Idaho Falls, ID
- DH Pace Door Services, Inc., Tempe, AZ
Superior Safety Performance Award
- Overhead Door Co. of Wichita, Overhead Door Co. of Wichita, Wichita, KS
The National Safety Council (www.nsc.org) saves lives by preventing injuries and deaths at work, in homes and communities, and on the roads through leadership, research, education and advocacy.