2017 Green Cross for Safety gala
The National Safety Council is proud to release the list of semi-finalists for the 2018 Green Cross for Safety Awards. The awards recognize people and organizations for their contributions to the advancement of safety in the workplace, on the road, and in homes and communities.
Winners are presented at the Green Cross for Safety Award Celebration on May 23 in Chicago. Sponsorship opportunities are available and registration is open.
Congratulations to the semi-finalists:
- Accenture, LLP
- The Boeing Company
- Brigham Health Sleep Matters Initiative
- Brilliant Reflective
- Common Ground Alliance 811 Campaign
- Jane Fellman, Safe Kids Kenai Peninsula Coalition
- Marine Operational Test Squadron One
- The National Shooting Sports Foundation – Project ChildSafe Communities
- Naval Support Activity Souda Bay
- Naval Surface Warfare Center (NSWC), Crane Division
- Ring Container Technologies
- Schneider National
- Dr. David L Strayer, University of Utah, Dept. of Psychology
- UC Risk and Safety Solutions Inspect Application
- University of Pittsburgh Department of Emergency Medicine, National Association of State EMS Officials, and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Alan Vance, Cohen Architectural Woodworking
Watch this page for the finalist announcements in mid-March.
Recognizes a corporation, coalition or organization that relentlessly pursued safety, developed a fresh solution and shared or is ready to share that insight with others
Recognizes a researcher, corporation or organization that approached a long-held challenge and, using a fresh perspective or new idea, developed a transformative response to the problem
Recognizes those who have made a significant impact on safety by raising awareness and bringing about change
For more information, consult the
Green Cross for Safety award FAQs. Interested in applying for the 2019 Green Cross for Safety awards? Complete the
"Remind Me" form to receive an email next fall when it's time to prepare, or take a look at
this year's application.