School buses are by far the safest option for transporting children to and from school, and leading U.S. bus company First Student has made safety its #1 core value.
In partnership with the National Safety Council, First Student is launching a seven-city tour to share bus safety tips with kids. Elementary school students can sign the safety pledge, "Walk the Yellow Carpet" and have their photo taken with Safety Dog. Parents also will get a chance to see how First Student buses are designed for safety inside and out.
Parents, teachers and students can find bus tour locations, safety tips and downloadable activities by visiting www.safetydogbustour.com.
- Moves more passengers per day than all U.S. airlines combined
- Employs 57,000 people at more than 500 locations
- Travels 611 million miles each year in 49,000 buses
- Contracts with 1,300 school districts
- Provides drivers more than 50 hours of training
- Thoroughly background-checks drivers
National Safety Council presented the Green Cross for Safety Award to First Student in 2009 for outstanding achievements in workplace safety and community leadership.
NSC provides lots of back-to-school safety tips: