In order to encourage new safety research and its adoption into real-world situations, the National Safety Council (NSC) through its College & University Strategic Advisory Group's College and University Initiative, invites occupational safety and health students (full-time, graduate and undergraduate) and professionals to participate in the 2012 NSC Research Poster Award Program.
Those awarded, will be asked to attend, present and display their research posters during the first day of the National Safety Council's annual Congress Expo scheduled for Monday, October 22. This year's Congress & Expo will be held at the Orlando Convention Center in Orlando, Florida. The awarded research posters will remain on display for the entire duration of Expo from October 22 to October 24, 2012. Those attending will have the opportunity to meet and network with professionals in the Safety and Health industries, researchers, fellow students and attendees.
The 2012 Research Poster Award Program application must be submitted by the program deadline date of June 29, 2012. All submissions MUST be submitted via the online application.
2012 Research Poster Program Application, Criteria and Specifications
Special invitation and consideration to those working on research that applies to NSC's four key Strategic Focus areas:
- Distracted Driving (with emphasis on cell phone/hands-free device distractions)
- Teen Driving (with emphasis on cell phone/hands-free device distractions)
- Workplace Safety Best Practices
- Off-the-Job Safety Best Practices
(include but are not limited to)
- Mature Driver
- Occupant Restraints
- Impaired Driving; Alcohol and other Drugs
- Safety Culture/Behavior-based approach
- Work/Life Balance
- Prevention through Design
- Industry specific Safety & Health Issues
- Environmental Safety & Health Management Systems
- Risk Management/Loss Control
- Hazard Recognition/Control
- Vulnerable Working Populations
- The changing Work Force/Organization
- Emergency/Security related Topics
Back to College and University Strategic Advisory Group home page