NSC Women's Caucus held its fall 2017 meeting Sept. 25 at NSC Congress & Expo in Indianapolis.
Are you a woman working in the safety field who would like to network with the top female safety professionals worldwide? If so, we invite you to join the National Safety Council Women's Caucus.
Meeting Dates for 2018
Women's Caucus meetings will be held via webinar from 1 to 2 p.m. (CT) on Wednesdays:
- Jan. 10
- March 14
- Aug. 22
- Dec. 5
Access the meetings by calling (877) 309-9483. Use Conference #884 304 2629.
In-person meetings will be held (time TBD):
- Sunday, May 20, in Rosemont, IL, as part of the Divisions Spring Meetings
- Monday, Oct. 22, in Houston, TX, as part of the 2018 NSC Congress and Expo
Why Join the NSC Women's Caucus?
Women's Caucus membership benefits include:
- Exclusive invitations to Women's Caucus meetings
- Opportunity to create a more inclusive environment for women in the safety field
- Networking opportunities with female safety professionals throughout the country
- A safe space to discuss issues that are of particular interest to women working in the safety field
- Opportunity to receive mentorship and career support from experienced professionals
- A chance to provide the next generation of female safety professionals with mentoring and career advice
- The support and camaraderie of like-minded safety professionals
If this sounds interesting to you, please email Katherine van den Bogert at
NSC Marion Martin Recognition Award
The NSC Women's Caucus presents the Marion Martin Recognition Award to one woman annually who demonstrates leadership and has a proven track record in safety. Nominations for 2018 will be accepted beginning Feb. 19.
Ms. Martin served as secretary of labor and industry in Maine from 1947 to 1962. During her tenure, legislation involving equal pay, industrial safety, child labor and collective bargaining was passed.