The topic was Saving Lives on the Road to Zero and featured NTSB Chairman Robert Sumwalt, Global New Car Assessment Program Secretary General David Ward and a panel on creating Vision Zero: Systematically Applying What Works to Reach Zero. Watch the webcast:
After a welcome from Kaiser Permanente Director of Community Health Celeste A. James and a first anniversary
celebration of milestones from NSC President and CEO Deborah Hersman:
A panel discussion moderated by Vision Zero Network founder and Director
Leah Shahum featured:
Road to Zero Coalition Meeting June 13, 2017
The Road to Zero Coalition met June 13 at the Association of the U.S. Army, Arlington, VA. Following is a webcast of the meeting:
Get the Coalition meeting agenda here. After a welcome from NSC President and CEO Debbie Hersman:
Road to Zero Coalition Meeting March 1, 2017
The Road to Zero Coalition met March 1 at the Association of the U.S. Army, Arlington, VA. Following is a recording of the meeting:
Coalition meeting recap here. After a welcome from NSC President and CEO Debbie Hersman:
RAND Framing Workshop Jan. 26 and 27, 2017
- Cherilyn E. Pascoe from the U.S. Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation; Andrew Wishnia, U.S. Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works; and Ian Grossman, vice president of member services and public affairs at the American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators, held a panel discussion on roadway safety
- NSC Market Research Manager Jonathan Dimbert presented the results of an NSC survey,
Road to Zero: Perceptions and Insights
- Dia Gainor of the National Association of State EMS Officials presented Understanding Enhanced Emergency Medical Response
- The presentations were followed by a breakout session on highway infrastructure priorities
The Road to Zero Coalition enlisted the RAND Corporation to develop a future planning scenario on how human-vehicle-roadway systems could be designed to get to zero deaths by 2047.
- Jackie McCarthy of
CTIA, a nonprofit membership association that represents the wireless communications industry, discussed the role of wireless in vehicle-to-vehicle and vehicle-to-everything communications, smart cities and connected infrastruture, and public safety. View CTIA's PowerPoint presentation here.
- Dia Gainor of the
National Association of State EMS Officials discussed enhanced emergency medical response in the future roadway scenario.
Get the PowerPoint.
- Improving Road Safety Through Autonomy: Challenges and Opportunities was presented by John Leonard of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Get the presentation: Part 1 and
Part 2. (Best when viewed in Internet Explorer. These files are large; please be patient while they load.)
Road to Zero Coalition Launch Dec. 15, 2016
More than 200 people joined us in person and via webcast to collaborate on the roles we can each play as we aim for zero traffic fatalities on our roads. National experts shared their knowledge:
Road to Zero Conference Kickoff Oct. 5, 2016
- Dr. Grant Baldwin, Director, Division of Unintentional Injury Prevention at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, spoke on
Roadway Fatalities and Causes
- Dr. Daved van Stralen, President, Institute for High Reliability Organizing, discussed
Safety Culture in the United States
- Sue Gander, Director, Center for Best Practices, National Governors Association, talked about
NSC, FHWA, FMCSA, NHTSA and their partners laid out strategies that will put the U.S. on the road to zero traffic fatalities.
Watch the kickoff videos.