Connecticut Operator Retraining Program
Connecticut demands the best – the National Safety Council delivers!
We weren’t just the first Operator Retraining Program in Connecticut; we were the first national organization to offer driver improvement courses in America.
So what can we do for you?
The National Safety Council’s four-hour Defensive Driving Course Connecticut (DDC-CT) is approved by the Connecticut Department of Motor Vehicles to satisfy the requirement to attend an Operator Retraining Program (ORP). Motorists must attend if they are:
- 24 years of age or younger with two convictions involving either moving or suspension violations, or
- 25 years of age or older with three convictions involving either moving or suspension violations
Failure to attend a retraining class will result in suspension of the driver’s license. If the license is suspended, removal of the suspension will occur only after the DMV receives confirmation from the National Safety Council that you have completed the course.
Motorists are encouraged to complete the retraining class at least two weeks prior to the effective date of suspension to allow for processing prior to the suspension date.If you do not complete the class prior to the effective date of suspension, you must also pay a restoration fee.
Motorists may also be required to attend due to other circumstances. Classes are available statewide.
For information about your driving record
- Visit the CT DMV website. In addition, see page #56 of the CT Driver’s Manual (Available in English or Spanish), under “Your License and the Law” for information on who must retrain. (Adobe Reader is needed to view the manual.)
- Call the DMV at (800) 842-8222 or (800) 263-5720
Why Choose NSC?
- DDC-CT is a highly effective interactive course that features activities, case studies, discussions and two video presentations. You won’t be bored in our course!
- National Safety Council sets the standard in the industry for development and training of quality instructors. Your instructor will keep the course interesting!
- NSC’s Defensive Driving Courses are trusted by more traffic safety courts, motor vehicle departments, municipalities, businesses, government agencies and driving schools nationwide for consistent quality and content. You will be in good company!
- NSC’s DDC programs are designed and written with the assistance of a select group of devoted highway traffic safety trainers and related specialists who volunteer their time and talents to the research, development and updates of the Defensive Driving Courses. You will know you are getting the best!
Disclaimer – Online training is not approved by the CT Department of Motor Vehicles for the Operator Retraining Program.