The Defensive Driving Course-Florida driver improvement programs
Florida demands the best – the National Safety Council delivers!
We weren’t just the first driver improvement program in Florida; we were the first national organization to offer driver improvement courses in America.
So what can we do for you?
The National Safety Council’s Defensive Driving Courses (DDC) are approved by the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (DHSMV) for the following driver improvement programs.
Basic Driver Improvement (BDI) - ONLINE COURSE ONLY
Florida motorists who receive a ticket for a non-criminal moving violation, and who do not hold a commercial driver license, may elect to attend the four-hour BDI program to avoid points from being added to their driving record.
Motorists may also be required to attend a BDI course to fulfill a Traffic Collision Avoidance Course (TCAC) requirement in order to retain their driver license if they:
- Were the driver in a crash and were found at fault AND someone was transported to the hospital OR
- Had two crashes in a two-year period, which resulted in property damage greater than $50
In some cases, motorists may choose to attend a BDI course to receive insurance discounts. This discount is solely at the discretion of the insurance carrier.
With National Safety Council’s Florida DDC-Online you can receive BDI training at your convenience on your personal computer and
print your completion certificate right after you graduate! Using state-of-the-art animation, graphics, and sound narration, our online course offers the most engaging, interactive learning experience than any other online driver improvement course.
Why choose NSC?
- The DDCs are highly effective interactive courses that feature activities, case studies, discussions, and video presentations. You won’t be bored in our courses!
- NSC’s Defensive Driving Courses are trusted by more traffic safety courts, motor vehicle departments, municipalities, businesses, government agencies, and driving schools nationwide for consistent quality and content. You will be in good company!
- NSC’s DDC programs are designed and written with the assistance of a select group of devoted highway traffic safety trainers and related specialists who volunteer their time and talents to the research, development, and updates of the DDCs. You will know you are getting the best!