Alive at 25® targets drivers 16 to 24 years of age and shows them how to take greater responsibility for their driving behavior. Alive at 25 also is an excellent complement to standard driver education programs. Where driver education teaches the mechanics of the vehicle, road handling and state laws, Alive at 25 focuses on behavior, decision making, consequences and positive choices.
While drivers 24 and under account for only 13% of all licensed drivers, they cause 27% of all motor vehicle collisions and 21% of all fatal motor vehicle crashes. Alive at 25 is a highly interactive four-hour course that helps young drivers take greater responsibility for their driving.
Students will learn:
- Why drivers ages 15-24 often underestimate risks
- Effects of inexperience, peer pressure and distractions, such as cell phones, text messaging, MP3 players and GPS units
- State and local driving laws
- Communications skills for assertiveness and being a young leader
- Responsibilities of passengers
Courses are held from 5:30 to 9:30 p.m. weeknights at the Orange County Fire Training Center, 9 Training Center Lane, New Hampton, NY.