NSC Fundamentals of Industrial Hygiene course will develop your understanding of industrial hygiene terminology, principles and practices. The four-day course covers 15 topics and examines four key processes in an effective industrial hygiene effort: anticipation, recognition, evaluation and control. You’ll be brought up to speed on anatomy and physiology, as well as chemical, physical, ergonomic and biological hazards in the workplace.
Taught in an interactive format supported by case studies, group discussions and hands-on equipment demonstrations, this is an essential course, especially for those with limited industrial hygiene training or experience.
What You Will Learn:
- How to distinguish chemical, physical, ergonomic and biological hazards
- How to conduct an industrial hygiene needs analysis
- When to use a qualified/certified industrial hygienist
- Basic anatomy and physiology associated with routes of entry and toxicology
- Hazard evaluation techniques
- Emerging trends in combustible dust, hexavalent chromium, flavorings-related lung disease, bioterrorism, nanotechnology and pandemic influenza
- How to use essential monitoring equipment
Who Would Benefit
The course is designed for safety, health, environmental and management personnel who have industrial hygiene responsibilities but limited training or experience in industrial hygiene.
Register today and get the confidence you need to anticipate, recognize, evaluate and control industrial hygiene hazards.
Earn Your NSC Advanced Safety Certificate (ASC™)
Completion of the Fundamentals of Industrial Hygiene course earns you 2.6 CEUs towards the NSC Advanced Safety Certificate (ASC™), a nationally recognized safety program based on proven best practices.
The ASC program builds upon knowledge of compliance requirements to further your safety education. It also sharpens your leadership skills to drive fundamental safety change throughout your organization.
For individuals on a career path in safety, this certificate program provides a starting point, a clear roadmap and best-in-class educational experiences to meet many industry-leading certification requirements.