Download Course Description
Whether it's a simple cut or bruise or a life-threatening emergency, no one wants to see a child hurt. We have adapted all of the topics from our NSC First Aid, CPR & AED course to meet the special needs of infants and children in our NSC Pediatric First Aid, CPR & AED course.
You'll gain the hands-on training and confidence to respond in a variety of pediatric emergencies. The National Safety Council Pediatric Program meets the First Aid and CPR requirements for all 50 states and meets the latest CPR and ECC guidelines.
Participants will learn how to:
- Take action in a medical emergency
- Provide basic life support
- Treat bleeding and wound care
- Treat shock, burns and poisoning and deal with sudden illness
- Respond in cold and heat emergencies
- Ensure safety for children with disabilities
Who will benefit:
- Child care providers
- Early childhood educators
- Youth organizations
- Parents and grandparents
- Individuals requiring certification