The certificate in
Principles of Occupational Safety and Health is an intensive four-day course covering 19 topics that provide a solid understanding of fundamentals of workplace safety and health. The course focuses on best practices for implementing and managing a safety program.
POSH is a great introduction for anyone new to safety responsibilities and an excellent review for experienced safety practitioners.
You Will Learn:
- How to examine prior incidents to help you avoid mistakes and maximize the effectiveness of your safety initiatives
- Record-keeping to prevent injuries and meet OSHA requirements
- How to develop and emergency action plan
- How to plan and conduct safety inspections
- The impact of industrial hygiene and HazCom standards on your safety plan
Earn Your NSC Advanced Safety Certificate (ASC™)
Completion of POSH qualifies you to pursue the
NSC Advanced Safety Certificate, a nationally recognized safety program that sharpens your safety and leadership skills so you can drive fundamental safety change throughout your organization.
For individuals on a career path in safety, this program provides a clear roadmap and best-in-class education to meet many industry-leading certification requirements.