Learn how to plan, organize, create and deliver performance-based safety training that truly engages employees and improves your organization’s safety practices. NSC Safety Training Methods course provides a solid understanding of needs analysis, performance objectives, instructional strategy and methods, content, delivery evaluation and costs, so you can make educated decisions about the safety training needs for your workforce.
This four-day training is challenging and interactive. It combines instructor-led training with group and independent activities, providing an opportunity to apply concepts to a variety of safety and health scenarios. This course will cover all the issues you’ll likely face as the person responsible for safety training.
What You Will Learn:
- How to complete a training needs analysis
- How to plan and design a training program applicable to your work environment
- The five phases of the performance-based training process
- Strategies and methods that address adult learning needs
- How to identify training and non-training solutions for safety and health issues in your workplace
- How to calculate direct and indirect training costs
- Techniques for selecting, designing and using media
- Facilitation skills to manage a challenging audience and make training meaningful
Who Would Benefit
Designed for individuals who are responsible for safety training in their organization, this course meets ANSI Standard Z490.1 criteria for accepted practices in safety, health and environmental training. Attend if you are a manager, supervisor, human resource representative or employee who is responsible for the planning, development and/or delivery of safety and health training programs.
Register today and get the confidence you need to plan and design a performance-based safety and health training program for your organization.
Earn Your NSC Advanced Safety Certificate (ASC™)
Completion of the Safety Management Techniques Course earns you 2.6 CEUs towards the NSC Advanced Safety Certificate (ASC™), a nationally recognized safety program based on proven best practices.
The ASC program builds upon knowledge of compliance requirements to further your safety education. It also sharpens your leadership skills to drive fundamental safety change throughout your organization.
For individuals on a career path in safety, this certificate program provides a starting point, a clear roadmap and best-in-class educational experiences to meet many industry-leading certification requirements.