The Supervisors' Safety Development Program (SSDP) trains supervisors and managers to incorporate best safety practices into their daily management activities. A key feature of the program requires participants to demonstrate they have acquired the knowledge and skills from training and are prepared to implement them in the workplace.
Supervisors' Safety Development programs are offered in the following ways:
To equip supervisors and managers with the knowledge, leadership skills and methods to apply safety as part of their responsibilities and become effective safety leaders and advocates.
Who should attend?
New supervisors and managers
Experienced supervisors and managers seeking refresher training or additional education
What you'll learn
Supervisors and managers learn how to incorporate safety and health into their daily management process.
Key learning includes:
- How to confidently address critical safety and health issues
- How to enhance safety responsibilities and safety management systems, including safety inspections, incident investigations, safety meetings and employee engagement
- Identification and control of hazards, incident prevention, OSHA compliance, and continuous improvement in all areas of safety and health
- How to promote a positive safety culture
- Learning to support workers with on-going safety training, on-the-job training and promoting safe behavior
16 Program Topics:
- Safety Management
- Safety & Health Training
- Employee Involvement
- Safety & Health Inspections
- Incident Investigation
- Industrial Hygiene
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Hazard Communication
- Regulatory Issues
- Machine Safeguarding
- Hand Tool & Portable Power Tools
- Materials Handling & Storage
- Electrical Safety
- Fire Safety
Course Pricing and Duration Information:
- Course pricing and length may vary by location
- Please contact the Chapter for details