Are Compliance Issues Heating Up?
Hot work mishaps are responsible for thousands of injuries and millions of dollars in property damage every year. Any welding, soldering, cutting or brazing can cause burns, eye damage, and fires. And virtually every industry is at risk.
The National Safety Council Welding, Cutting and Brazing Compliance Training Seminar will help you reduce that risk. Our professional facilitator will walk you through OSHA regulations pertaining to hot work. Through discussion and activities, you'll learn practices and procedures that will keep you in compliance and, best of all, protect your employees.
The four-hour seminar covers:
- Each section of OSHA 1910.252 Welding, Cutting and Brazing, and 1910.119 Process Safety Management
- Basic precautions for preventing fires and protecting workers
- Common hazards associated with various types of hot work
- Authorization and hot work permits
- Fire watches—why you need them and how to carry them out effectively
When you complete the seminar, you'll be able to:
- Understand the key elements of the regulations and how to comply
- Take the proper steps to avoid fire- and heat-related injuries and damage
- Identify the hazards associated with various types of hot work
- Assume—and assign—responsibilities related to hot work precautions
- Reduce your costs for medical claims, workers' comp, and property damage