When making or purchasing Halloween costumes, follow these safety precautions:
- If children are allowed out after dark, fasten reflective tape to their costumes and bags to make sure they are visible.
- When buying Halloween makeup, make sure it is non-toxic and always test it in a small area first.
- Masks can limit or block eyesight, so consider non-toxic makeup or decorative hats.
- If masks are worn, they should have large eye holes and nose and mouth openings. Have children remove masks before crossing the street.
- Do not allow children to carry sharp objects.