The National Safety Council’s Occupational Excellence Achievement Award recognizes companies, units and/or facilities that have reported injuries and illnesses that involved days away from work equal to or less than 50% of the BLS rating for their 6-digit NAICS code and have had no fatalities during a calendar year, January 1 through December 31.
- In accordance with the OSHA record keeping requirements, a company, unit and/or facility must have continued without the occurrence of an a total lost workday case incidence rate (see formula below) equal to or less than 50% of the BLS rating for the reported 6-digit NAICS code during calendar year, January 1 through December 31.
- Formula: Number of cased with injuries and illnesses that involved days away from work x 200,000/employee hours worked.
- Eligibility is determined based on self-reported data submitted by the participant. Any organization recording a fatality will be disqualified.
- Qualified companies, units and facilities will automatically receive one free personalized certificate and can purchase additional Occupational Excellence Achievement Awards to display their achievement at their organization. If qualified, the free award certificate will be mailed after May 16, 2014.
- Qualified applications received prior to May 16, 2014 will automatically be considered for the 2014 Industry Leader Award, however, applications received after that date will be excluded from consideration for the Industry Leader Award.
- Review your self-reported data to determine if you are eligible for consideration (based on program criteria).
| Click here to submit your data.|
Your application will be evaluated shortly after receipt.If your company, unit or facility is deemed eligible based on your self-reported data, your award will be mailed within 4-6 weeks to the shipping address indicated on your order form. The National Safety Council reserves the right to change, without notice, any statement in the Occupational Awards Program concerning, but not limited to, rules, policies, awards, delivery dates/methods, and fees.