Live Webinar: December 6, 2012, 2:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m. ET
NSC Members: $99.00 per viewing site
Non-members: $119.00 per viewing site
When OSHA suddenly arrives at your doorstep, do you know what to do? If not, you could be left with massive fines that you’ll have to explain to management. Don’t miss this Webinar, which will provide you with everything you need to know about OSHA’s workplace inspection process. You’ll learn the most common triggers which cause OSHA to conduct workplace inspections, the best practices which should be implemented before and during an OSHA inspection and so much more. Don’t get caught off guard! Register today!
By the end of this Webinar, attendees will be able to understand:
• Reasons why OSHA will conduct an onsite work inspection
• Types of information OSHA is likely to request
• The manner in which employers should handle their employees, supervisors and managers during OSHA inspections
• Key issues which employers deal with during such inspections (Can I require OSHA to obtain a search warrant? Can I demand that the employer have a representative sitting in on interviews? how do I respond to employee questions? What can I tell employees?
• Best practices which will assist employers in having OSHA inspections go smoothly and limit or reduce liability
• What the possible outcomes are of such inspections
Pedro Forment is a Partner in the Miami office of Jackson Lewis LLP and practices in the area of Workplace Safety Compliance. Prior to joining Jackson Lewis, Mr. Forment was an attorney with the Solicitor’s Office of the U.S. Department of Labor, and prosecuted employers on behalf of the federal government in actions involving violations of the Occupational Safety and Health Act (“OSHA”) and the Mine Safety and Health Act (“MSHA”). He continues to dedicate a significant portion of his practice to these areas and represents employers throughout the United States in matters related to occupational safety and health, occupational toxic exposure as well as overall OSHA compliance.
Mr. Forment is listed in The Best Lawyers in America, Florida Super Lawyers, Latino American Who’s Who and is “AV” rated by Martindale-Hubbell. He is a frequent lecturer, and is a contributor to journals and periodicals dedicated to workplace safety, health and environmental issues.