Live Webinar: December 5, 2012, 11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. ET
NSC Members: $99.00 per viewing site
Non-members: $119.00 per viewing site
Do your employees understand the importance of the safety procedures they are required to follow, and do they know the potential consequences if they fail to comply? If not, then you won’t want to miss this upcoming Webinar that goes beyond safety posters and videos. You’ll learn how to make your safety messages stick by making them concise, informative and relevant to employees. Find out what it takes to turn safety messages from burdensome rules for your employees to real reasons why they should minimize risks and incidents.
Webinar attendees will learn how to:
• Frame your safety messages as an adult-to-adult conversation
• Communicate your safety messages by establishing a climate that encourages a welcome exchange of ideas
• Spend enough time on the communication initiative to promote safety in the workplace without overwhelming your listeners
• Listen like a leader and honestly evaluate your listening behavior
• Communicate during times of disagreement and conflict with confidence, credibility and tact.
• Communicate with direct reports, peers, customers and your superiors, but without passing judgment or preaching, oftentimes to the “choir”
• Lead your team with frequent communication to let them know you have a handle on the problem
• Address crisis situations with a calm sense of urgency that guarantees a sound processing of information that leads to sound decision-making
Carol Hacker is President of Hacker & Associates, headquartered in Atlanta, GA, where she works with organizations throughout North America to build a chain of evidence that demonstrates the value of effective training and management practices. Her goal is to help safety managers, HR professionals, team leaders and business owners meet their leadership and training challenges. Over 500,000 participants have benefited from her customized events. Her clients range from small businesses to Fortune 100 companies and also include government agencies, colleges and universities, and not-for-profit. Carol is the author of 14 books, scores of audio CDs and over 400 published articles.