It’s true. A victim’s survival rate from sudden cardiac arrest can decrease by as much as 10% for every minute without CPR and the use of an AED. Consider these sobering facts:
- There are very few successful resuscitations after 10 minutes without CPR and difibrilation1
- Every second counts—the sooner a defibrillation shock, the greater the chances of a full recovery
- In locations where defibrillation is provided within 5 to 7 minutes, survival rates were as high as 45%1, and some studies showed even better results
When sudden cardiac arrest occurs, it’s critical to know what to do until professional help arrives, which is why AED instruction is an integral part of NSC First Aid training. Plus, nearly 60 percent of all cardiac arrests are witnessed3, so having an AED handy may mean the difference between life and death.
Shock from a defibrillator and CPR is an effective way to restore the heart’s normal pumping rhythm. But you have to plan ahead and have AEDs readily available at strategic locations in your workplace.
NSC is proud to partner with Philips, the worldwide leader in AEDs, to offer a selection of quality life-saving products. Philips HeartStart Defibrillators are designed to precisely deliver a shock quickly and effectively – providing the power to save a life.
The first and only AED available without a prescription, the Onsite is designed to be the easiest to set up and use. With clear, calm voice instructions, it guides the user through each step of defibrillation, including CPR coaching.
Learn more about the Philips HeartStart Onsite Defibrillator.
The HeartStart FRx is designed for easy use – rugged and reliable for those who get there first. Ideal for law enforcement, on the field with student athletes, or in the workplace, this defibrillator is the ideal option for treating sudden cardiac arrest in environments and conditions too demanding for many other defibrillators.
Learn more about the Philips HeartStart FRx Defibrillator.
The HeartStart FR3 for professional responders significantly reduces deployment time by eliminating steps and allows faster delivery of the right therapy (CPR or defibrillation) on the patient.
Learn more about the Philips HeartStart FR3 Defibrillator.
To purchase these products or for more information, call (800) 621-7619 or contact your local NSC Chapter.
1. "Cardiac Arrest," from the American Heart Association Web site, http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=4481.
2. National Center for Health Statistics. National Vital Statistics Report. Hyattsville, Maryland: Public Health Service. 2003;54(13).
3. Litwin PE, et al. Ann Emerg Med. 1987;16:787-791.