Live Webinar: February 27, 2013, 2:00 p.m.-3:30 p.m. ET
NSC Members: $99.00 per viewing site
Non-members: $119.00 per viewing site
In Part I of this exclusive Webinar, top-rated NSC Congress presenter Larry Wilson will discuss how to avoid a common cause of workplace injuries and fatalities: the "it can't happen here" attitude. Packed with best-practice strategies, this fun and informative Webinar will demonstrate how you can motivate your employees to stay focused on maintaining a strong safety culture. Plus, you’ll receive proven strategies that will arm your workforce with the skills needed to improve their off-the-job safety.
Attend this Webinar and learn:
• Examples of how complacency leads to workplace injuries and fatalities
• How complacency allows employees to take their minds off a task- and cause line-of-fire or balance, traction or grip errors
• How complacency about safety can impact our decision-making
• Critical error reduction techniques that can reduce workplace injuries
• How to help employees prevent complacency from creeping into their decision making
• How to use complacency as a vehicle for getting employees focused on zero injuries at work and off-the-job
Jim Grieve has been with Electrolab Training Systems (producers of SafeStart) since 1997 where he initially provided technical training solutions to schools. When SafeStart was released in 1999, Jim began working with large and small organizations to assist them with improving their safety performance through implementing SafeStart. Initially this involved on-site plant and corporate presentations as well as conference sessions. His role has also evolved to include client training and assistance with implementation.
Recently Jim has brought his well-rounded experience from both the industrial sector and the educational sector together as part of the newly formed educational team, which is currently working with post-secondary institutions to implement SafeStart within their facilities for staff and student training