Live Webinar: November 13, 2013, 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. CT
NSC Members: $99.00 per viewing site
Non-members: $119.00 per viewing site
Do you ever feel like you’re not getting your safety message across? Have you ever gotten feedback that implies or flat-out suggests that your training methods are boring or even insulting? Are you sure they learned what they needed to learn? Knowing how adults learn is key to your success in getting your safety message across.
Your responsibility as a trainer is to make sure your audience knows the WHY, not just the HOW for everything you ask them to do. Relying on “Happy Sheets,” the end-of-class evaluations that typically determine if the training room was too cold, or the coffee not hot enough, won’t help you much. How will you know they really got it? If attendees actually apply what they learned, you’re on the right track.
In this fast-paced webinar, learn how to guarantee success when you’re the instructor with practical tips including three attributes that all great facilitators share, no matter how different their training styles. Highlights include how to:
• Apply different learning methods to match the different learning styles of adults
• How to make sure everyone is ready for the next step before proceeding
• Encourage questions and discussion during the class without getting off on a tangent.
• Use hands-on practice, role playing, non-competitive quizzes, and other non-threatening exercises to enhance your training
• Make adult learning problem-centered rather than content-oriented, autonomous and self-directed
• Make training challenging, but present even complex material in a simple, understandable way
• Ensure that the learning process is fun and engaging without making attendees feel or look ridiculous
Carol Hacker is President of Hacker & Associates, headquartered in Atlanta, GA, where she works with organizations throughout North America to build a chain of evidence that demonstrates the value of effective training and management practices. Her goal is to help safety managers, HR professionals, team leaders and business owners meet their leadership and training challenges. Over 500,000 participants have benefited from her customized events. Her clients range from small businesses to Fortune 100 companies and also include government agencies, colleges and universities, and not-for-profit. Carol is the author of 14 books, scores of audio CDs and over 400 published articles.