Live Webinar: October 9, 2012, 2:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m. ET
NSC Members: $99.00 per viewing site
Non-members: $119.00 per viewing site
Register Now Online or Call (800) 621-7619 Course Description:
Recent statistics show that shiftwork in the 24/7 workplace can expose employees to high levels of fatigue, which can lead to increased workplace injuries and incidents. To address this issue of worker fatigue and workplace safety, the new Fatigue Risk Management Standards (FRMS) has emerged. In this groundbreaking Webinar, you’ll learn the regulations behind the FRMS, and how it can help you manage the costs, risks and liabilities in shiftwork operations. Plus, you’ll find out how to develop a systematic approach for complying with the fatigue management standard.
By the end of this Webinar, participants will learn:
- Real causes of workplace fatigue and the physiological effects of fatigue
- Costs, safety risks and employer liabilities associated with fatigue
- Overview of the Fatigue Risk Management Standards (FRMS), with a focus on key regulations, including API/ANSI RP-755-2010
- The general principles, concepts, and structure of FRMS
- How a continuous FRMS process can be an effective vehicle for mitigating fatigue and improving the performance of your current safety program
Bill Sirois is Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer for Circadian Technologies, Inc. (CTI). Circadian is the leading research firm specializing in reducing the costs, risks and liabilities of shiftwork and fatigue-related human error. Bill has a chemical engineering and human factors background, with more than four decades of operational management experience in the areas of health, safety, and productivity. He is internationally recognized as an expert in workforce management, and has been a keynote speaker at over 300 National and global conferences.