Live Webinar: March 20, 2013, 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m. ET
NSC Members: $99.00 per viewing site
Non-members: $119.00 per viewing site
This Webinar will provide EHS professionals with a broader understanding of key concepts, significant developments, and the latest research associated with the practical performance of a control-based approach to identifying and controlling hazardous agents. Plus, attendees will learn how to take the most effective actions for anticipating, evaluating and controlling chemical, physical and biological hazards that affect workers.
Webinar attendees will learn:
• How to identify organic and inorganic chemical hazards, including gases, solvent vapors and mists (selected substances discussed)
• How to identify inorganic minerals, such as crystalline silica, asbestos, and coal dust
• Physical hazards, such as ergonomics and heat/cold stress
• Biological disease producing pathogens like bacteria, molds and viruses
• ACGIH TLVs new substances of concern
• Industrial hygiene best practices
Terry W. Krug, MS, CIH, CSP, is President and Senior Scientist for Exceptional Occupational Safety and Health Advisors, Inc. (EXOSHA). Terry leads occupational safety and hygiene training on OSHA standards and also conducts workplace OSHA type audits. Terry was also an Industrial Hygiene Instructor for the OSHA Training Institute, where he delivered training on a wide variety of technical safety and health topics. He was also the chairperson for OSHA’s initial compliance course for over 10 years. Terry also served as Manager of Industrial Hygiene for the Atchison Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Co.
Terry is board certified in industrial hygiene comprehensive practices by the American Board Industrial Hygiene and also as a safety professional in comprehensive practice by the Board of Certified Safety Professionals.