Live Webinar: April 10, 2013, 11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. ET
NSC Members: $99.00 per viewing site
Non-members: $119.00 per viewing site
Have you ever had a difference of opinion with your staff, peers, or even your boss? Do you fear confrontation, but recognize that it’s part of every day life? Have you had trouble sleeping because you were replaying in your mind a conflict with someone on your team? Then, this Webinar is for you. It offers practical solutions for addressing the day-to-day conflicts that are inevitable in business and can lead to a crisis if not quickly tackled.
Attend this content-rich Webinar, and learn how to:
• Pick your battles and not lose sleep worrying about past or future confrontations with a colleague
• Approach others with a willingness to hear what the problems are from their perspective; it’s the key to resolving conflict
• Avoid a confrontational situation, lose your temper, and say things that you will regret
• Remove yourself from a bad situation, take a deep breath, and think before you speak
• Promote a workplace environment where employees feel respected, and where differences are resolved in ways that promote collaborative working relationships as well as effective problem solving
• Quickly deal with conflict by finding common ground
• Reach a win-win solution to successful mediation by allowing all people involved in the conflict the opportunity to speak their minds
• Address the problem before it creates a snowball effect, where negative emotions continue to grow, making matters worse
Carol Hacker is President of Hacker & Associates, headquartered in Atlanta, GA, where she works with organizations throughout North America to build a chain of evidence that demonstrates the value of effective training and management practices. Her goal is to help safety managers, HR professionals, team leaders and business owners meet their leadership and training challenges. Over 500,000 participants have benefited from her customized events. Her clients range from small businesses to Fortune 100 companies and also include government agencies, colleges and universities, and not-for-profit. Carol is the author of 14 books, scores of audio CDs and over 400 published articles.