Live Webinar: June 6, 2013, 11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. ET
NSC Members: $99.00 per viewing site
Non-members: $119.00 per viewing site
In this Webinar, walk away with practical solutions for crafting safety intervention strategies that reduce the frequency of workplace incidents. Top-rated NSC Congress presenter Earl Blair will share best practices for approaching an intervention and how to design a program that delivers tangible results, in which safety improvements can be recognized.
After completing this Webinar, participants will be able to:
• Recognize the differences between soft fix interventions and hard fix interventions
• Identify ways to use soft factors in safety to influence system issues
• Examine case studies of effective safety interventions for application ideas
• Explain concepts for interventions that effectively reduce human error
• Apply strategies for making intervention recommendations with greater impact on long-term safety performance
Earl Blair is Associate Professor and Program Director for the Graduate Program in Safety Management at Indiana University in Bloomington, Indiana. Earl recently served as the Director of the Heartland Safety & Health Education Center at Indiana University and is the former Chair for the Department of Safety, Health, and Environmental Health Sciences at Indiana State University in Terre Haute. Blair is a Certified Safety Professional (CSP) with over 30 years experience in safety management.
Prior to his appointment at Indiana University, Earl worked as a safety professional in industry and as a consultant and trainer with Safety Performance Solutions in Blacksburg, Virginia. He currently educates safety professionals and is a frequent speaker at national and international safety conferences. Dr. Blair is an award winning author and teacher, with research interests in improving safety performance through advanced measurement, leadership, and behavioral applications.