Live Webinar: January 30, 2013, 11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. ET
NSC Members: $99 per viewing site
Non-members: $119 per viewing site
Are your employees really paying attention during your safety training classes? The answer to that question is critical to the success of any training session. In this fun and interactive Webinar, discover how the use of games can engage, motivate and energize employees. Plus, you’ll learn how to get the most out of using a game, avoid the most common pitfalls and use games as a serious teaching tool to accomplish your educational objectives. Webinar Bonus: You will see gaming in action with the Virtual Audience Response Pads that will allow you to interact with the presentation.
At the end of this session, you will:
- Learn the value of using game formats to teach and review topics
- Understand the common pitfalls many instructors fall into when using games
- Learn through examples how you can deliver content using a game format
- Understand the objectives of a TV show game and a classroom game
- Discover how to use a game to create discussion
- See the value of Audience Response Pads as teaching tools
- Learn how to use a game as an assessment tool
John Dillon has been a paramedic and instructor for nearly three. He currently works for the Woodbury Public Safety Department as both an instructor and a paramedic. As an instructor, he has found ways to utilize graphics and media into his presentations and also teaches instructors how to find unique ways to enhance their presentations. John is also is the founder of C3 Softworks that creates training software as well as the creator of the website Visual Broccoli, which is a site to help presenters enhance their presentations.