Chemicals in the workplace can create hazards in the home if workers are not careful. NIOSH recommends the following procedures to keep your family safe from workplace contaminants in the home:
- Use good safety practices when at work to reduce your exposure.
- Change clothes before coming home and leave any soiled clothes at work.
- Store nonwork clothes separate from work clothes.
- Launder work clothes separately.
- Shower before leaving work.
- Do not bring tools, scraps or packaging home with you.
- Do not allow family members to visit your work area.