Cheyenne, WY – Proposed changes to the Wyoming Department of Workforce Services oil and gas drilling rules will be discussed at a public meeting (.pdf file) scheduled for Dec. 2 in Casper.
The state’s Occupational Health and Safety Commission proposed several new changes to its Oil and Gas Drilling Standard (.pdf file). They include:
- Flame-resistant clothing required within 75 feet of a well bore
- A full-body harness required when working 4 feet – instead of 6 feet – above a derrick floor or other working surface
- A written fall rescue plan required
- Improved emergency communication
- Documented training required