Our Mission is Safety
The National Safety Council eliminates preventable deaths at work, in homes and communities, and on the road through leadership, research, education and advocacy.
Have questions? Visit our FAQs or contact NSC.
Members of the Safe Communities America network are leaders in promoting safety and preventing injury. Each has made a commitment to ensure their community is a safe place to live, work and visit. The following have received Safe Communities accreditation. Those in bold are currently accredited, and communities are listed the order they received accreditation.
1. Dallas, Texas - 1996, reaccredited 2007 and 2011Injury Prevention Center of Greater Dallas2. Anchorage, Alaska - 1998, reaccredited 2011Alaska Injury Prevention Center3. Omaha, Nebraska - 2007, reaccredited 20124. Springfield-Greene County, Missouri - 2007, reaccredited 2013
5. Itasca, Illinois - 20096. Madison-Dane County, Wisconsin - 2009, reaccredited 2015Safe Communities of Madison-Dane County7. Madison County, Kentucky - 2010, reaccredited 2016Madison County Health Department8. Shawnee, Oklahoma - 20109. New Lenox, Illinois - 2010, reaccredited 2016Village of New Lenox10. Lycoming, Pennsylvania - 201011. University of Southern California - 2010
12. Hagerstown, Maryland - 201013. Erie County, Pennsylvania - 201014. Arlington Heights, Illinois - 201015. Norfolk, Nebraska - 2011City of Norfolk16. Beatrice, Nebraska - 201117. Nebraska Panhandle, Nebraska - 201118. Hammond, Louisiana - 2012, reaccredited 2018City of Hammond19. Sullivan County, Tennessee - 2012, reaccredited 2018Kingsport Area Safety Council20. Emory University, Georgia - 2012, reaccredited 2018Emory Safety Alliance21. Doña Ana County, New Mexico - 201222. Murray State University, Murray, Kentucky - 2012Murray State University23. Fort Worth, Texas - 2013, reaccredited 2017Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth24. Santa Rosa County, Florida - 2014Santa Rosa County SAFER25. Western Kentucky University, Bowling Green, Kentucky - 2014Environmental Safety and Health26. New Castle, Pennsylvania - 2015City of New Castle27. Jessamine County, Kentucky - 2015Jessamine County Health Department
28. West Virginia University/Greater Morgantown, WV - 2016WVU Greater Morgantown Safe Communities Initiative
29. Midland, MI - August 2016City of Midland
30. Mt. Lebanon, Pennsylvania - 2017
31. Central Kentucky (Boyle, Garrard, Lincoln & Mercer Counties) - 2018
Safe Communities America National Safety Council 1121 Spring Lake Drive Itasca, Illinois 60143 630-775-2555[email protected]
The National Safety Council eliminates preventable deaths at work, in homes and communities, and on the road through leadership, research, education and advocacy. Donate to our cause.
The National Safety Council is a nonprofit, 501(c)(3) organization.