National Safety Council four-hour Online Defensive Driving Course Connecticut (DDC-CT) is approved by the Connecticut Department of Motor Vehicles to satisfy the requirement to attend an Operator Retraining Program.
This process is easy and convenient as it can be done right from your own home.
Call 800-210-6407 today to enroll in the CT DMV approved 4-hour online course.
Please complete the online class at least two weeks prior to your effective date of suspension to allow time for processing to CT DMV.
About the Program
Motorists must attend if they are:
- 24 or younger with two convictions involving either moving or suspension violations
- 25 or older with three convictions involving either moving or suspension violations
Failure to attend a retraining class will result in driver’s license suspension. If the license is suspended, removal of the suspension will occur only after the DMV receives confirmation from NSC that you have completed the course.
Motorists are encouraged to complete the retraining class at least two weeks prior to the effective date of suspension to allow for processing prior to the suspension date. If you do not complete the class prior to the effective date of suspension, you must also pay a restoration fee.
Motorists may also be required to attend due to other circumstances. Classes are available statewide.
For Information About Your Driving Record
- Visit the CT DMV website, or see page 35 of the CT Driver’s Manual (available in English or Spanish) for information on who must retrain. (Adobe Reader is needed to view the manual.)
- Call the CT DMV at (800) 842-8222 (in CT only) or (860) 263-5720
Why Choose NSC?
- DDC-CT is a highly effective interactive course that features activities, case studies, discussions and two video presentations. You won’t be bored in our course.
- NSC sets the standard in the industry for development and training of quality instructors. Your instructor will keep the course interesting.
- NSC Defensive Driving Courses are trusted by more traffic safety courts, motor vehicle departments, municipalities, businesses, government agencies and driving schools nationwide for consistent quality and content. You will be in good company.
- NSC DDC programs are designed and written with the assistance of a select group of devoted highway traffic safety trainers and related specialists who volunteer their time and talents to the research, development and updates of the Defensive Driving Courses. You will know you are getting the best.