The COVID-19 pandemic will affect the mental health and wellbeing of employees well beyond the immediacy of the initial crisis.
Employers have a unique ability and responsibility to encourage and maintain a culture of wellbeing in the workplace. Employers can take action to identify, engage and support employees who may be experiencing these issues.
This space is dedicated to addressing topics like mental health, stress reduction, substance misuse and more. This page will be updated with NSC and partner materials as they become available.
● Mental Health Webinar Series
● SAFER: Stress and Mental Health Playbook
● SAFER: Mental Health and the Workplace
● SAFER: Managing Employee Stress and Anxiety
● SAFER: Managing Employee Stress and Anxiety – Quick Hit Webinar
● SAFER: Employee Perception Survey including questions on mental health
● Working with Benefits Providers: Mental Health Issues Checklist
● Employer Role in Mental Health During COVID-19
● How to Protect the Mental Health of Your Employees During COVID-19 – NSC Member Exclusive
● Mental Health and COVID-19: Practical Tips for Safety Professionals and Supervisors – NSC Member Exclusive
● Family Safety & Health Special Edition
● Tips to remain 'sane and safe' during social distancing
● Healthcare Workers and Mental Health During COVID-19 blog post
● Safety Talk: Taking Care of Your Mental Health During COVID-19 – NSC Member Exclusive
● Safety Talk: Managing Stress During a Time of Crisis – NSC Member Exclusive
As of June 2020, at least 30 states reported opioid overdose fatalities rose in correlation with the COVID-19 pandemic. The following documents are meant to help you address this growing concern and provide workers with the assistance they need.
● Understanding Substance Use Disorders
● Substance Use Prevention
● Treatment and Recovery During COVID-19
● Training and Supporting Supervisors in Addressing Substance Use
● We Can’t Let COVID-19 Halt Our Progress With the Opioid Epidemic blog post
● Opioids At Work Employer Toolkit
● Substance Use Cost Calculator for Employers