Live Webinar: June 12, 2013, 2:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m. ET
NSC Members: $99.00 per viewing site
Non-members: $119.00 per viewing site
Register Now Online
or Call (800) 621-7619 Course Description:
Safety inspector’s expectations are usually very clear: Perform three inspections per week or one per month. However, the quality of their inspections can vary widely depending on many factors. This Webinar will show you best practices for measuring the quality and effectiveness of your safety inspectors. Using the S.M.A.R.T. concept, you’ll learn how measuring individual performance combined into a periodic review process can actually make your inspectors better.
Participants will learn how to:
• Use the S .M.A.R.T. (specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and timely) ways to measure an inspector’s individual performance Define the process for evaluating individual observers
• Tie safety inspections to the annual evaluation process to drive individual improvement
• Achieve higher quality observations
• Create evaluations using specific observer metric data
• Track progress of contractors who perform safety inspections
Cary Usrey is a Process Improvement Leader at Predictive Solutions and is responsible for implementing solutions and best practices that prevent worker injuries and reduce potential liabilities through the use of a safety management system that focuses on leading safety indicators. He coaches customers through an assessment, goal-setting, and goal measurement process that is designed to maximize safety improvement and widespread organizational engagement, from the field to leadership.
Cary started his career in the U.S. Navy's Nuclear Power Program in 1988. After leaving the Navy, he served as the Environmental, Health and Safety Compliance Director at Adirondack Resource Recovery Associates, a waste-to-energy power plant in New York.
Cary has also been on the Board of Directors for the VPPPA (Region II) – two years as a Director-at-Large and four years as the Vice Chairperson.