Live Webinar: February 28, 2013, 2:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m. ET
NSC Members: $99.00 per viewing site
Non-members: $119.00 per viewing site
In this info-packed Webinar, find out what it takes to survive the most common interactions employers may have with OSHA. Walk away with legally sound practices and tips on dealing with OSHA citations, such as the informal settlement conference, litigation and settlement. Plus, learn how to prepare responses to whistleblower complaints as well as how to respond to OSHA safety and health complaints- without triggering an OSHA investigation.
By the end of this Webinar, attendees will be able to:
• Understand the purpose and limitations of an OSHA informal settlement conference
• Appreciate the key issues for consideration when attempting to settle with OSHA
• Know what language to insist upon in OSHA settlements
• Recognize what management and supervisors must understand when dealing with whistleblower claims
• Respond to OSHA request for information in response to safety and health complaints
Pedro Forment is a Partner in the Miami office of Jackson Lewis LLP and practices in the area of Workplace Safety Compliance. Prior to joining Jackson Lewis, Mr. Forment was an attorney with the Solicitor’s Office of the U.S. Department of Labor, and prosecuted employers on behalf of the federal government in actions involving violations of the Occupational Safety and Health Act (“OSHA”) and the Mine Safety and Health Act (“MSHA”). He continues to dedicate a significant portion of his practice to these areas and represents employers throughout the United States in matters related to occupational safety and health, occupational toxic exposure as well as overall OSHA compliance.
Mr. Forment is listed in The Best Lawyers in America, Florida Super Lawyers, Latino American Who’s Who and is “AV” rated by Martindale-Hubbell. He is a frequent lecturer, and is a contributor to journals and periodicals dedicated to workplace safety, health and environmental issues.