Someone without oxygen can suffer brain damage in just four minutes and brain death in just eight to 10 minutes. In many cases, it can take 10 minutes or more for emergency medical personnel to arrive.
● More than 5,190 workers died on the job in 2021
● 70% of deaths from heart attacks occur before reaching the hospital
That’s why having someone at your site who can deliver first aid quickly and effectively is so important.
The National Safety Council is the expert in occupational first aid and CPR training. Guidelines detailing how rescuers should perform vital first aid and basic life support techniques are updated periodically based on medical research, and NSC is an active participant in this process.
Not all first aid courses are the same. Many don’t offer the comprehensive training needed to meet OSHA First Aid Standard 29 CFR 1910.151. NSC training meets this standard, as well as the latest CPR and first aid guidelines, and can be customized to meet the specific needs of your industry.
NSC first aid offerings include:
● A wide range of online, blended and classroom first aid courses
● First aid instructor training
● No student processing fees
● Free online student refresher videos
● Custom training scenarios
NSC can send an authorized instructor to your work site to provide training to your employees on a schedule that's most convenient. On-site training eliminates the need for travel expenses or extra time away from work. Every year, NSC trains more than 500,000 first aid responders.