The NSC Advanced Safety Certificate program is a nationally recognized safety curriculum based on proven best practices. The ASC® program builds upon knowledge of compliance requirements to further your safety education. It also sharpens leadership skills to drive fundamental safety change throughout your organization.
For individuals on a safety career path, this program provides a starting point, a clear roadmap and best-in-class educational experiences to meet many industry-leading certification requirements.
The ASC Curriculum provides an in-depth look at the issues safety practitioners face every day and offers proven approaches and solutions. The core required course (POSH) provides a solid foundation of knowledge to meet all safety challenges, and the electives allow for a more in-depth review of specific safety topics. Through 12 training days and 7.8 CEUs, this popular safety certificate program will help you learn how to direct your organization's comprehensive safety plan with greater efficiency and success.
NSC is now offering all of the following courses online. Click each link to learn more.
Complete the following required four-day course (2.6 CEUs):
*POSH can be taken at any time while earning an ASC. We recommend POSH first as it provides the foundation for the remaining courses.
Select and complete** any combination of the classes listed below to earn the remaining eight training days and 5.2 CEUs required for a total of 12 days and 7.8 CEUs.
5-day course (6.5 hours per day) – 2.6 CEUs
*Fundamentals of Industrial Hygiene is taught over 5 days but counts as 4 days toward the Advanced Safety Certificate Program.
4-day course – 2.6 CEUs
2-day courses – 1.3 CEUs
1-day classes – 0.65 CEUs
**All course requirements must be completed in a five-year period.
● Learn techniques for a balanced approach to safety management, addressing administrative, technical and cultural elements
● Develop problem-solving and decision-making skills
● Develop management skills to establish yourself as a problem solver and decision maker
● Determine when, how and to whom you should delegate safety responsibilities
● Set safety performance measures for employees and your organization
● Get a head start on a management plan tailored to your organization's safety and health needs
● Assess your organization's safety training needs
● Design a custom safety training program for your organization, and deliver performance-based training
Need financial assistance to pursue your Advanced Safety Certificate? NSC Certificate Assistance Program provides financial assistance to participate in ASC training.
A part of the NSC Scholarship Program, Certificate Assistance helps support individuals on a safety career path obtain their NSC Advanced Safety Certificate. Applications are reviewed and awarded quarterly.