Safety committees are a proven way to get employees involved and keep them safe at work. While there isn't a one-size-fits-all template, there are practical tips that will help you create or reconstruct your safety plan.
Safety committees can do many things, including:
● Conduct safety and health inspections
● Develop, implement and manage safety improvement action plans
● Assess and control hazards
● Motivate employees to improve safety culture
● Develop safety rules, policies and procedures
● Communicate safety initiatives organization-wide