Safer Vehicles in a Safe System Approach
Defensive Driving Classroom Courses
Defensive Driving Online Courses
Become an Authorized Instructor
Become a Training Center
NSC Can Train at Your Facility
State Driver Improvement Programs
Traffic Court Programs
Mature Driver Online Course
Work Zone Safety Training
Find a Training Center
Shop Defensive Driving
Shop First Aid
A Safe System approach is successful when the vehicles operating on the roadways are using the latest and most effective safety technology and design. A Safe System of mobility needs to expand the availability of vehicle systems and features that help to prevent crashes and minimize the impact of crashes on both occupants and non-occupants.
The resources and programs below will help you do that on the job, at home, and wherever you need or want to go.
The National Safety Council supports improved vehicle design and technology of personally owned vehicles, as well as on-the-job fleets through a variety of programming, communications and resources. Learn more and explore our efforts in this space:
● Check to Protect, a program to resolve open vehicle recalls
● My Car Does What?, a program to educate drivers on vehicle safety features
● Additional safety topics: motorcycle safety, advanced driver assistance systems
Read more about the Safe System approach.
● Safe System Approach
● Distraction on the Roadways
● Automotive Safety Technology Statement