Save more when buying in volume.
About this product
If you're responsible for facility design, maintenance, safety and health, and/or security in your work environment, be sure to review this new edition of an important safety reference resource.
Accident Prevention Manual for Business & Industry: Environmental Management is part of a four-volume set that also includes Administration & Programs, Engineering & Technology and Security Management.
This comprehensive resource manual is written by a renowned group of safety, health and environmental experts and edited by Gary R. Krieger, MD, MPH, DABT. Newly released in March 2000, this 550-page edition is organized in three sections:
I. General Framework
- Features a national and global overview of political, historical, economic, ethical, legal, legislative, and scientific environmental developments, including up-to-date perspectives on management, strategy, assessment and auditing techniques.
II. Waste Management
- Explains the complex laws and techniques used to manage the treatment, storage and disposal of chemical and radioactive hazardous wastes.
- Includes a review of the training requirements for hazardous waste treatment and discusses the growing importance of pollution prevention and waste minimization.
III. Special Concerns
- Examines the broader issues of our external and internal environments, which ultimately affect public health.
- Discusses epidemiology, risk communication and risk assessment and the regulatory and legal decisions made on the basis of these processes.
- Analyzes the issues and impact of population growth, deforestation, soil depletion, acid rain, ozone depletion and global warming.
- Illustrates how to develop an environmental strategy and management approach with respect to ISO standards.
Environmental Management also includes:
- Ten Case Studies in Environmental Management
- A Comprehensive Environmental Resource Guide
- Glossary of Acronyms
- Glossary of Terms
Updates environmental issues impacting those responsible for facility design, maintenance, safety and health, and security.