Save more when buying in volume.
About this product
If you're responsible for facility design, maintenance, safety and health, and/or security in your work environment, be sure to review this new edition of an important safety reference resource.
Accident Prevention Manual for Business & Industry: Environmental Management is part of a four-volume set that also includes Administration & Programs, Engineering & Technology and Security Management.
This comprehensive resource manual is written by a renowned group of safety, health and environmental experts and edited by Gary R. Krieger, MD, MPH, DABT. Newly released in March 2000, this 550-page edition is organized in three sections:
I. General Framework
- Features a national and global overview of political, historical, economic, ethical, legal, legislative, and scientific environmental developments, including up-to-date perspectives on management, strategy, assessment and auditing techniques.
II. Waste Management
- Explains the complex laws and techniques used to manage the treatment, storage and disposal of chemical and radioactive hazardous wastes.
- Includes a review of the training requirements for hazardous waste treatment and discusses the growing importance of pollution prevention and waste minimization.
III. Special Concerns
- Examines the broader issues of our external and internal environments, which ultimately affect public health.
- Discusses epidemiology, risk communication and risk assessment and the regulatory and legal decisions made on the basis of these processes.
- Analyzes the issues and impact of population growth, deforestation, soil depletion, acid rain, ozone depletion and global warming.
- Illustrates how to develop an environmental strategy and management approach with respect to ISO standards.
Environmental Management also includes:
- Ten Case Studies in Environmental Management
- A Comprehensive Environmental Resource Guide
- Glossary of Acronyms
- Glossary of Terms
Updates environmental issues impacting those responsible for facility design, maintenance, safety and health, and security.
On completion of your NSC eBook purchase, we will contact you via email within 1 business day with download instructions.