NSC Fourth Annual SAFER Summit
The fourth annual SAFER Summit will take place Dec. 5, 2023. The Summit will provide fresh insights on lessons learned during the last year, explore how to navigate the new normal and highlight emerging topics. EHS professionals and subject matter experts will cover topics like mental health, loneliness, psychological safety, crisis management, future preparation for pandemics and more.
For any questions, contact [email protected].
● Lorraine Martin, President & CEO, National Safety Council
● Caitlin Lang, Senior Research Associate, NSC
● Richard Jones, Chief Clinical Officer, Youturn Health
● Dennis Stolle, Senior Director of Applied Psychology, American Psychological Association
● Melissa Williams, Program Director for Marketing and Communications, National League of Cities
● Abigail Barth, Research & Innovation Program Manager, Social Connection
● Shanna B. Tiayon, PhD, CEO and Founder, Wellbeing Works
● Lisa Koonin, Founder, Health Preparedness Partners
● Aman Patel, Executive Director, Technologies for Pandemic Defense
● Ken Meade, Senior Research Engineer, CDC
● Steve Martin, Senior Research Engineer, CDC
● Nick Bloom, Economist, Stanford University
NSC created the SAFER Recommendations for Moving Past the Pandemic Report to highlight lessons learned from employers and their workers from October 2022 through September 2023. This report provides guidance on future pandemic-related and emerging topics from the last year regarding worker health, wellbeing, and safety. NSC conducted national surveys and interviews with employers to gain insights and fresh perspectives on future emergency preparedness, substance misuse, mental health, hybrid work, and psychological safety.