A Taste of National Safety Council Membership
The National Safety Council is America’s leading nonprofit safety advocate. We focus on eliminating the leading causes of preventable injuries and deaths.
Members of the National Safety Council benefit by receiving our professional guidance and tools to improve safety within their organizations. Your safety membership will include access to assets on a variety of topics that help organizations in all industries keep their employees safe. Here are some examples:
● Exclusive resources at no extra charge: videos, safety talks, toolkits, posters and tip sheets to engage and educate your workforce; check out this 5-Minute Safety Talk, just one of hundreds available
● Up to 30% discount on the best safety training, products and services at the best prices
● Safety+Health® magazine, newsletters to keep you updated on safety news and trends
● Access to subject matter experts to answer your safety questions
● National Safety Council Assessment and Benchmarking Study to see how your safety program compares to others
● Peer collaboration and support through the industry and affinity based Divisions
● Networking and educational opportunities through local or regional Chapters
● NSC Safety Awards help you acknowledge outstanding safety performance
● NSC member logo for your website, business cards and other communications
● Weekly webinars include avoiding OSHA inspections, increasing employee engagement in safety, and incident prevention. Here are some examples:
NSC was founded with one mission: safety. While the risks have changed, the impact we make continues. Safety doesn't come easy. You have to earn it. It's why we teach people where their greatest risks lie. It's why we've trained more than 1 million people to be ready when action is needed. It's why we lead.
1913: NSC founded by Robert W. Campbell, two years after the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire killed nearly 150 in New York City
1953: President Dwight Eisenhower granted NSC a congressional charter, formally recognizing its leadership in coordinating safety efforts and training
1964: Pioneered the nation's first defensive driving courses
1970: Helped pass the Occupational Safety and Health Act
1974-1990s: Advocated for widespread air bag implementation
1993: Launched the first Click It or Ticket seat belt program
1996: Established June as National Safety Month
2012: Founded the Campbell Institute to help companies achieve EHS excellence
2017: Launched the nation's first multifaceted public education campaign on opioid risks
2020: Created SAFER to help guide employers during the COVID-19 pandemic
2022: Established an unparalleled talent pool of consultants to help guide businesses to the next level of safety
Nobody ever thinks an injury or death in the workplace is going to happen to them. Yet, it does happen. If you are in charge of safety at your organization, it's your job to prevent incidents so each of your co-workers can get home safe to their loved ones each night. You don't have to do this work alone. When you join the National Safety Council, you'll gain a partner ready to help you meet all your safety challenges.
NSC understands that keeping people safe is more than just a job, it’s a mission. Watch this video to learn more about how NSC is working to keep people safe, from the workplace to anyplace.