Safety Leadership Certificate: Safety Practitioner
This track in the Safety Leadership Certificate Program is designed for people responsible for implementing safety policies and procedures. That includes establishing training requirements, providing training and investigating incidents.
This course addresses safety management systems, the roles and responsibilities of safety professionals, leading safety management processes, safety performance measures and more. It’s ideal for people who coordinate, supervise or manage your organization’s safety and health efforts.
What You Will Learn
● Determine how events in the safety, health and management fields influence your organization’s safety management focus
● Identify characteristics of an effective safety management system
● Identify roles and responsibilities of safety professionals
● Assess your personal leadership skills
● Identify the four key requirements for creating a positive safety culture
● Identify activities to perform in your organization’s safety and health audit process
● Use measurement tools to evaluate safety at your organization
● Establish a business case for a safety management system
● Analyze a safety and health case study from a manager’s perspective and develop a plan to resolve the identified issues
Participants gain the advanced knowledge needed to implement a successful safety management system. It covers human and organizational performance, serious injury and fatality prevention, risk assessments, safety observation programs and more.
What You Will Learn
● Differentiate between audits and inspections
● Pinpoint the elements of a safety management system you currently audit
● Identify activities performed in the safety and health audit process
● Recognize the roles and responsibilities of an audit team leader, an audit team and an audited group
● Understand the reasons and benefits of managing an organization’s safety and health efforts
● Differentiate between insured and uninsured costs
● Calculate a total case rate
● Conduct a cost-benefit analysis and describe why it is important
Safety practitioners learn how to prioritize safety efforts to protect employees and measure safety performance beyond incident rates. Using case studies from multiple industries, this full-day virtual session offers techniques, forms and templates for participants to address an organization’s specific needs.
What You Will Learn
● Develop a risk scoring matrix
● Prioritize work tasks with unacceptable levels of risk
● Find new controls to address identified risks
● Use risk scores to supplement incident rates as indicators of safety performance
Course 1: Advance Safety Orientation for Managers and Supervisors in Construction (online)
The Advanced Safety Orientation for Construction Industry program is a series of safety courses that target hazards and precautions common to construction sites and construction-related work activities. This program is ideal for newly hired construction workers who need a solid foundation in hazard recognition skills.
Course 2: Advance Safety Orientation for Managers and Supervisors in General Industry (online)
Ideal for general industry workers. While this program contains some of the same courses included in other advanced orientation programs, the program for managers/supervisors features safety management information and an even wider range of topics.
Course 3: OSHA 10-hour General Industry Training (online)
Provides information about worker rights and employer responsibilities, and teaches how to identify, abate, avoid and prevent job-related hazards. Although many essential safety topics are covered, additional site-specific information and hands-on demonstrations of skills are ultimately needed for your safety and to fulfill training requirements found in OSHA standards.
Course 4: OSHA 10- and 30-hour Construction Industry (online)
This course provides a greater variety of safety subjects, and in-depth content geared specifically toward the construction industry. It’s intended for supervisors and workers with safety and health responsibilities, and is ideal for training construction workers and supervisors about OSHA safety standards.
The National Safety Council, in partnership with UL PureSafety, offers the most extensive environmental, health and safety library in the eLearning industry. Our library consists of more than 700 courses created by a leading team of industry professionals.